Sunday 16 June 2013

Lessons While In Transit pt 1

So yesterday I said good-bye to my Southampton peeps, it was really sad but I hope that by God's grace I will be able to see them again. I know God has many things in store for me, I am often reminded of it by other Christians but also just because God promised that He knows the plans that He has for me.

Very soon I'll be back home and then should God desire that I go, I'll be on a mission trip to Costa Rica. I cannot even begin to estimate the abundant blessings that my God has awaiting for us and I'm just looking forward to being an even greater blessing to those around me.

From Costa Rica, I will be headed to Belgium, God willing, where I will study for a year.

Leaving my church was really hard. I've only been Adventist for the 5 years and I've only regularly attended three SDA churches since my journey began, but this church has caused me so much joy and pain at the same time that it feels so strange not having to bear it on my heart, I still want to, and so I think I will.

Today was a very interesting experience for me. I was literally homeless which is really my fault.

Friday:

Friday evening I came home from practising at church and I went into the kitchen and looked at the door and it said that i had to be out by Sat 10am -.- so I go back in my room and continue packing. I had a bit left back that I was leaving for Sat evening

So I finished packing and had to find somewhere to sleep for Sat night, I wasn't too worried though I've found that over these past two years I've learnt not to worry so much about these things so I simply told God that that was His problem and that I was going to enjoy the Sabbath

Sabbath:

I get up finish packing the food that I wanted to give away at church, my laptop and a few things J comes for me and my stuff and then we go to church (it took about half an hour to put everything into the car)

Church was very special; I was blessed.

I managed to secure a place to sleep for Saturday night with my friend F, I was so blessed that evening with her, talking about God's will for us and I think we enjoyed each other's company.
Sunday: 

I got the bus to church where I collected my phone which I had carelessly forgotten in the kitchen and then walked to my friend H's house. This is where the drama began to unfold. I finally arrived after a nice walk. I rang the doorbell several times, however no one answered. So for about two hours I walked from bus stop and back and then decide to go to the mall because it was getting cold and I needed a warm place where I could sit down. However it was at the bus stop that I had an interesting conversation.

I was sat there for half an hour when an old couple came and sat next to me. Usually I mind my own business and keep myself occupied when others are around but when they mentioned the words 'Lord' and 'church' I could not resist the urge to listen in on their conversation. Although at first it was unclear, I realised that the lady as she considered the line outside Debenhams had said to her husband/friend that it would be such a wonderful thing if people were lined up outside a church like that and almost instantaneously I fell in love with them! I don't know it just warmed my heart so much. Anyway, she then asked him a question about the Ten Commandments which made me even more excited and I prayed, 'Lord, if they mention the fourth, I'm going to talk to them.' (I prayed this because I was quite sure they were Sunday worshippers and I wasn't expecting it) Sure enough, the lady said, 'Doesn't the commandment say we must work six days and rest on the seventh?' I almost fell off the bench! (okay not really...)

After trying to find the appropriate moment to join their conversation, I finally mustered the courage to speak and what I found was, though not what I wanted to hear or what I was expecting, wonderful. This lady and her friend/husband were on benefits and were not able to attend church this Sunday because they were going to a free lunch, yet she was worried about not being able to go to church and so conscientious that she wanted to be sure that she was not displeasing her Lord.

I do not think that God was in any way displeased that she missed church that one Sunday, I think He must love her heart. I was so happy to find genuine and conscientious Christian people in the world. Although she may not have a full understanding of the seventh day Sabbath, it seemed to me as though she was walking in the light of the knowledge that she did possess and I pray that because of her faithfulness, God will bring her into even more light on this subject throughout her Christian journey.


















Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment