Thursday 6 June 2013

Family*

One of the joys of having young cousins is the constant reminder that teenage pregnancy is not a viable option in life. I could never be a mother right now. I like children, I really do, but when the day ends and it's time for them to go home, I could not be happier. 
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
I'm at my aunt's house at the moment on Christmas break and it's just so great to be with family. My family is really into Christmas, which is a little weird for me because I'm not the biggest fan of the holiday. However, I'm loving every moment of it.

First of all, it's great to finally be in a house. As much as I love my room back at the university, it can definitely feel like a prison cell at times! I don't know, there's just something refreshing about knowing that 1) there are other people around and 2) I have room options. 

Secondly, I love cousins, especially younger cousins. It's fun to just hang out with kids sometimes. I seriously think that they have a better approach to life than adults. Life is not complicated and there's no need to make it complicated. I also love how they look up to me, I feel responsible and like I should be a good example :). Most of all I love to hear their little laughter :)

Thirdly, I don't have to cook! I don't have to do laundry! I don't have to go to the supermarket! I just have to wake up, go downstairs and eat. (It's only for a week, I'm sure I'm allowed to indulge a little!)
Anyway, it's almost 1am! Don't want to miss breakfast tomorrow! ;)

G'night.


Alecksi

(originally posted on my Tumblr 2nd January 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment