Thursday 6 June 2013

There She Goes...Again

So I'm trying to decide if I should introduce this blog or not. This is the fourth blog I've started and I really hope to be a consistent blogger but we shall see how things progress! Perhaps I should introduce it.

For so long I've felt as though I've been running from life and have feared not being in control and this experience that I've been so blessed to have here in England for the past two years has really helped me to just let go. Now let's be honest I'm still the opinionated, structured perfectionist that I've always been but I can truly say that just being here and meeting so many different people has helped me to see that there's no use in running, that in running I will not grow, I will not learn anything about myself as an individual. If I hide myself from every challenge or uncomfortable situation my heart will never be truly open to anyone and I will not have the privilege of being a true blessing to the world around me. 

I'm already half way through my time here in the UK and it's been so much more than I can ask for. Now it has not been perfect and I have spent more than half of my time here wishing that I were on my island in the comfort of my small home surrounded by the ones that I love the most. However, I'm shocked at the way the time has passed and am desperately watching the grains of sand left in the hourglass willing them not to go so quickly. And so, I've resolved I will not let the next two years pass without a consistent record just for me and anyone who wants to check in to see what is happening. I can't promise that it will be interesting and I can't promise that it will be extravagant but it will be genuine and honest.


So here goes!

















Alecksi








No comments:

Post a Comment